Applications for sponsored gliding training for 2020 are soon opening and all interested members are invited to apply. This application process is for all 3WG cadets and staff.
903 ATS will be taking one intake of new students for the 2020 calendar year. Students that are successful at the application process will receive a guaranteed position on all 903 ATS courses run in 2020 (e.g. April, July, Sep, Dec). This will be the only intake of application this year and successful applicants will be students with 903 ATS for the 2020 calendar year.
The following eligibility criteria applies to applicants for sponsored gliding training within the AAFC:
- Applicants must not have attained solo flight within the discipline of gliding.
- Applicants must have served a minimum period of one year within the AAFC.
- Applicants must meet the weight requirements of life support equipment of no less than 50 kg and no greater than 103 kg.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
- Applicants must have a minimum home training squadron parade attendance of 75 percent.
- Applicants must be current in all behavioural policy training.
How to Apply.
Interested members are invited to apply for a position for sponsored gliding through the use of the following online application form: Online Application Form
Applications open at midnight AEDT on 07 Feb 20 and close at midnight AEDT on 21 Feb 20.
- Submission of online applications are due before midnight AEDT on 21 Feb 20.
- All eligible applicants will then be invited to participate in an Assessment Session. The assessment session is an online assessment tool where applicants are assessed on their theoretical knowledge of aviation in an supervised setting. In addition, the Commanding Officer is required to provide a recommendation of the applicant’s suitability to conduct gliding training.
- A paperboard will then be conducted to determine the eligibility and suitability of candidates to attend a selection board.
- Suitable candidates will then be invited to attend a Selection Board (interview) and hands on aviation component.
- All candidates will then be advised of the outcome and recipients are required to confirm their availability for attendance within 14 days of receiving the offer.
All enquiries regarding sponsored gliding training within the AAFC should be directed to email@example.com.